Association of Pathology Chairs
The Association of Pathology Chairs (APC) is a non-profit society, which serves as the voice of academic departments of Pathology in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. APC exists to provide leadership and advocacy for the dynamic discipline of Pathology and to enable academic departments to meet the demands of their three missions - medical education, research and practice. The APC provides education, training, information resources and networking opportunities for chairs, residency program directors (through PRODS), medical student educators (through UMEDS), department administrators (through PDAS), and program coordinators (through GMEAS). Drs. Fred Gorstein, Mary Lipscomb Lyons, and Frances Pitlick recently compiled a history of APC from 1965 to 2013. The history may be viewed here.
Active Chair discussion on issues of common interest occurs primarily through committee activities. Committees include:
• Advocacy Committee - For more information, click here
• Graduate Medical Education Committee - For more information click here
• Leadership Development & Diversity Committee - For more information click here
• Practice & Management Committee - For more information, click here
• Research Committee - For more information, click here
• Undergraduate Medical Education Committee - For more information, click here
If you are a department chair who is interested in joining one of the above committees, please contact the APC office at 301-634-7880 or email@example.com.